5% to Goal #48
As I’m approaching 50 consecutive blog posts (5% to goal!), I’m making my first round of observations. These are my key take-aways so far. This may happen again as things synthesize.
- Other than making physical time, it’s getting easier to blog daily.
- Having an agenda to write publicly daily is making me a better observer.
- It’s fun (yess, I said fun) to have an externalized daily discipline.
- I can make this easier and more focused – it hasn’t been directly, but I want it to be relevant to our movement with Chasing Perfection. I am excited to evolve this and be better.
- I’m doing this because I want to, not because I have to – that’s where the fun comes from.
- When I was having my clarity break, focus kept coming up for me. When I arrived at my simple answer it was this: We’ve written a 10-chapter book, filled with 10 topics. 100 blogs/chapter = 1,000 blogs. SIMPLE!
- As I thought about that, I realized focusing on those 10 chapters and writing 10 blogs/chapter would get me 10% of the way to goal. Again, easy.
- Our work with clients provides endless topics and lessons – many of the ones I’ve captured have been from them. Again, simple, not always focused, but could be.
- Being focused also means saying “no” to things. It’s becoming clearer what’s got to change. More on that as we evolve through this journey online.
- I love sharing the lessons, wins and celebrations we have. Our work is our passion. That is focused.
- When we help people and solve problems, gracefully work through the tough stuff, and provide high-value, results driven experiences we create unstoppable teams.
- Being Unf♥<kwithable is our context and our focus – that keeps me clear personally and as we work. Our future unfolds as we refine this movement with Unf♥<kwithable leaders.
- Being a beginner at anything is challenging and revealing. I’m experiencing both sides of that with blogging and podcasting. Mastery takes time, I am a willing learner. I wish it was faster!
- Even as I’m making this up, there’s so much encouragement and support that I am willing to continue despite the rough spots.
- Risking publicly isn’t for everyone, it works for me as I am more likely to perform when I think people are watching (even if they’re not)!
So, here’s to the next 50 blogs, one blog at a time!