15% to Goal Lessons #150
This series of 50 blog posts has been interesting as well. For those new to this, I’m on a journey to 1,000 posts writing 5 blogs/week Monday through Friday, with none missed over the four years it will take to complete this mission.
Here are my lessons this series:
- It’s been more fits and starts or binge and purge this round.
- I’ve been challenged by making things more complex in my mind, coming back to simplicity now.
- I wrote a few series pieces that took several days to distill. I don’t know if I liked that.
- I am committed to keeping these shorter, the feedback from you is that you enjoy the quick lessons, ideas and challenges more and I enjoy writing them.
- Metaphors and stories work best.
- I don’t always have something to write, but when I’m present something always shows up.
- With goals that require discipline, it’s easy to quit, that’s why most people do.
- Relying on others to understand the importance of keeping your word about a goal like this is challenging. They don’t always attribute the same importance to keeping your word as you do.
- Keeping my word on a long-term, made-up goal like this is good for my character.
- I’m grateful to everyone who comments, shares this with friends and tells me it matters. It lets me know it’s not futile, reduces my own doubt and brings affirmation when I most need it.
Thanks for playing along, it seems significant and fulfilling today to have come this far. Here’s to the next 50 blogs, one day at a time!