If you read yesterday’s blog, don’t worry, my rant is over…for now.
One of the tools I use to move through my frustration and feeling of lack of control (other than a blog rant, which I recommend) is a series of 6 questions I now use to meditate and journal on with frequency. I owe much thanks to my dear, wise and thoughtful friend, Mahtab Rezai (@mahtabrezai), who offers me such valuable perspective on a frequent basis. It will take me a lifetime to show my gratitude. Mahtab shared these journal questions in a recent meeting we were in, which come from San Francisco Bay Area photojournalist Brooke Anderson (@movementphotographer), to whom I’m also very grateful.
Should you find your mood less than cheerful, joyful or optimistic, one or all of these questions are game changers for your attitude. Feel free to indulge liberally, some days it’s like that!
- What am I GRATEFUL for today?
- Who am I CHECKING IN ON or CONNECTING WITH today?
- How am I MOVING my body today?
- What expectations of “normal” am I LETTING GO OF today?
- How am I GETTING OUTSIDE today?
- What BEAUTY am I either creating, cultivating, or inviting in today?