We’ve been given the gift of redesign in 2020 in a big way. Have you optimized the gift?
Do you have an ideal structure for your best day? If not, here are some things to consider:
- How much sleep do you need to feel your best?
- What time would you wake up?
- Are you a slow starter or a jump starter? Arrange your day according to your energy and motivation.
- What are your 1-2 most important priorities for the day? Document them the evening before or first thing in the morning. Make these your first tasks. Do NOT open email, look at your phone, get lost in social media prior to completing your most important priorities. You’ll build in success every day you do this, trust me, it’s a simple and effective game changer!
- Do you build in thinking time (meditation, journaling, clarity breaks)? You need it. We all do.
- Do you prep for your day the evening prior? Set out your clothing, pack your bag, food, arrange as many details as you can to eliminate any decision making to begin your day – you’ll gain time and momentum because of this.
- Do you build in gratitude? Your attitude will reflect this – consider beginning or ending your day with it. Writing 2-3 thank you notes daily or weekly is a game changer as well.
- Do you have movement or exercise in your day?
- Have you built in blocks of time? Grouping similar kinds of phone calls, writing, designing, marketing, selling, creating, thinking will create focus and clarity. 60-90 minute time blocks work best followed by movement of 5-10 minutes. Try it!
With many of us working from home or living in a hybrid world, evaluating and re-evaluating what works for you is imperative. If you don’t do so, you may let yourself slide into less effective habits and miss the opportunity for life and work on your terms.
You have been given the gift of redesign; will you optimize it or regret it?