This graphic blew my mind. I don’t know if it’s factual or not, yet I know none of us live in either mindset permanently. The game is to develop strategies to manage to YOUR 2% mindset. Mine is below.
If 98% of the population:
|Wants to be like everyone else
|Plays it safe
|Has a “dull” life
|Lives in fear
|Is just getting by
|Settles for less
It sure sounds dismal and scarce. I know many of us experience these very human feelings. It doesn’t mean we live there.
I’ve learned over the years to manage my mindset. My stress is like a runaway skateboard down a hill when I’m overtired, overscheduled, and overcommitted. I don’t always catch it early enough, but I’m a work in progress getting better all the time. The strategy I use to move to the 2% is below.
It’s a few simple (not easy) steps that work for me:
- Decide I’m successful. This is a problem to solve and an opportunity to grow / improve
- Remind myself I need to change some behaviors (vs something being wrong with me or others) and I can always do something differently. It’s very different than criticizing yourself or others.
- Simplify what’s happening – get to the core 3 things I MUST get done to win / feel better
- Say no
- Ask for help
- Get sleep and exercise, these are my two defaults for resetting
- Focus on #3 like my life depends on it (knowing it doesn’t)
If abundance is hanging in the balance, it’s worth taking time to maintain YOUR 2% mindset.
|Pursuing your dreams
|Embracing the unknown
|Exploring new things
|Living without limits
|Getting the most out of life