It’s check in time for what I’m learning in my journey past 1000 blogs. Today, I’m keeping it simple because we’re packing for our upcoming remodel and boxes are calling my name as I write. So here they are, no preamble or tee up, though I’m still grateful to Seth Godin for the challenge!
At this moment, this is it:
- Simple wins. When there’s an abundance on the calendar, do it without thought. Interjecting thought brings emotion and conversations around “busy.”
- I need to be mindful of my attitude. Crabby can seep in easily when I’m pressed for time and it’s not pleasant for those around me. I’m mindful as to whether or not my attitude is worth catching. If not, I’ll change it.
- Spring fuels me. As the sun and lake call, my focus is tested. I’d rather be outside, so no delays.
- Gratitude is my prescription for changing #2. I can’t be crabby and grateful in the same breath, so gratitude wins.
- Don’t settle. Hard is simply hard, it’s not the end. It’s just hard. Let this fuel me into my future self.
- I can have it all, just not all at once or at the same time.
- People are more important than the tasks; when I’m overscheduled, I can forget this. I have one shot, no regrets.
- It’s all happening for a reason. Whether I like it or not doesn’t change the results. Acceptance opens the door to my joy.
- Change is exciting in the beginning and upon completion. The middle is messy. I know this and can accept that. See #8.
- Do what you say. No matter what. Confidence is the result. (more on this in the next blog!)